Peter Obi, Presidential candidate
Since the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi declared his intentions to contest the 2023 general elections, he has received several major supports from different personalities and institutions.
His name is constantly on the lips of everyone, including children. Rallies have been organized in various states and countries, financial assistance from supporters and well-meaning citizens has been donated to his campaign.
This loud acceptance from Nigerians especially the youth can be seen as a cry for change in leadership. Many believe Peter Obi is the right leader for the country Nigeria.
Although there have been oppositions, the former Governor of Anambra refuses to allow the naysayers to deter him from his victory.
Aside the Nigerian youth backing Peter Obi in his bid to become the next president of the country, there are other supporters which are been listed below;
1. The social media users have been a major supporter of Peter Obi as they formed a movement called the “Obidients Movement”.
They have taken their campaign from the internet to the streets with thousands of supporters shutting down the streets in various states. These rallies shocked the camps of the other political parties.
2. The international community: Peter Obi continues to have several invitations to speak on certain topics including the upcoming election in major international institutions. His political stance and plans for the country has earned him the recognition by these community.
His most recent exploit in the international space include; Talk on prospects of transformation governance in Nigeria at Harvard University USA. He was proclaimed an Honorary Citizen of Dallas by Mayor of Dallas, Eric Johnson.
3. The diasporans: Many Nigerians in America and the United Kingdom continue to campaign for Peter in their various areas. Some organize rallies in their communities to support his presidential bid.
4. Peter Obi has the seen on several media both local and international media speaking on his plans for the Nigerian people and the way forward for the country should he win the 2023 presidential election.
5. Religious leaders: So far, there have been some religious leaders who have declared their support for the Labour Party Presidential candidate.
6. Entertainers: Celebrities in the Nigerian entertainment industry has been known to have huge fan base. And some of these entertainers have declared their support for Peter Obi.